Monday, February 20, 2006

A Dash of Salt

I found a site online that was interesting and then found that the man who created it was born on the same day I was. The differences in us prove to me that free will has a great deal to do with one’s life. You can hand two people the same materials to work with and they will each make something different from them.

What I like about astrology is that it gives me some answers about my basic make up that causes me to say, “So that’s why!” I don’t like predicting futures or a lot of the other stuff. I simply like to have something to help me to look inward to see what I have to work with and where some of the glitches might be.

From time to time I explore things astrologically, but then I set that all aside again. I use it as others use salt. A little enhances flavor. A lot can make you very ill and lead to complications that could be deadly.

I think of life as a patchwork quilt or an Irish stew…a little bit of this, a little bit of that and something beautiful or delicious can come from it all.