Monday, April 10, 2006

Fire Power

Years ago I opted to pursue character building over comfort and maturity over sophistication. What I didn't know at that time was that a degree of comfort and sophistication would come along with the package! Well, I'll be...! It's truly a very good thing, for I found that I have a defective martyr's gene that doesn't function well at all. I serve because it's fun and it's my idea. When someone tells me I MUST serve I become the stereo-typical red head. It fits my personality to a T. While I enjoy mellow, I "do" firecracker easily. POW! and then I'm just fine and ready to be mellow once again. I figure mellow simply means that my fuse has grown as I have aged. It takes longer for me to blow. The explosion isn't any greater than it was when I was younger. I'm not dynamite...just a firecracker. I live, though, in a world full of reactionaries, who are use to far more fire power and expect the explosion to continue. I chuckle as I walk away.